Hello and welcome.
Original Photograph - Taken somewhere in Barcelona
Edited Matte Painting
September 2019 - Present
Creative Project Lead
- Assisting Senior Creative Leads to scope projects for pre-production and production.
- Helping projects get delivered by co-ordinating and delegating tasks to designers, artists, animators & technical artists.
- Facilitating discussions between producers, art directors and developer team leads.
- Tracking delivery of assets and informing lead developers of when they are available.
- Giving feedback on performance of creatives to their team lead.
- Problem solving issues that would appear during the production of creative projects.
- Running meetings in absence of senior leads.
February 2015 - September 2019
- UX planning, and UI visual treatment for the companyʼs social apps.
- Tailoring design solutions and features for native iOS and Android apps.
- Also adapted design work for an HTML web browser app.
- Created full workflows and treatment for a blackjack and roulette game for mobile, tablet, and web.
- Switched roles and teams to the Games Artist team in 2017, specialising in UI elements and game logo designs.
November 2014 - February 2015
Freelance Concept Designer: Immortal Unchained
- Early prototyping for game menus.
- Concept Design work of characters, creatures, envrionments, and props and weapons.
April 2014 - August 2014
Working on a variety of client and internal projects producing concept designs, in game assets, and icons, and carried out correction work on existing game assets. Also lead a team of illustrators to produce technical turn arounds and style sheets for characters and matte paintings for an animation. Contributed to studio pitches by creating simple sketches, storyboards, and highly polished game mock ups.
December 2010 - April 2014
Working on numerous projects at a time, fulfilling all manner of production design needs from preproduction to final delivery. This Includes wireframing for UI, designing the look and prototyping designs, conceptual design for game assets, creation of final assets and user interface work, and then delivering them for mobile, tablet and web.
May 2010 - April 2014
Freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer
Work carried out for multiple clients with a mix of digital and printed media that included numerous album covers and sleeve art designs, logos and icons, t-shirts, business cards, and bespoke illustrations for independent film projects.
Able to create design solutions that are inkeeping with brand guidelines, and creative enough to push them.
Trained Mental Health First Aider and mental health advocate.
At home in the Adobe programs of Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Animate (Flash).
Other Software I use: Procreate for concept sketching, Invision for other prototypes, Blender, and Sketchup for concept work and for fun.
I love Dungeons and Dragons. Am a player and Dungeon Master. Want me to run a game for you?
I paint minis.
See my blog for more design work and articles I've written.