Hello and welcome to my website.
Original Photograph - Taken somewhere in Barcelona
Edited Matte Painting
Februrary 2015 - Present
Designer and Games Artist
Graphical work for the companyʼs social games of its key brands (Jackpotjoy, Starspins Slots, Virgin Social Casino and Bingo Lane). Visual artist for Blackjack game for mobile, tablet and web. Visual artist for Roulette game for mobile. Contributed concept designs for various other small projects and illustrations. Switched to Games Artist team in 2017.
Company: Game Odyssey
November 2014 - February 2015
Early Concept Designer: Immortal Unchained (expected release August 2018)
Concept Design work of characters, creatures, envrionments level locations, and props and weapons.
Company: Unit 9
April 2014 - August 2014
Working on a variety of client and internal projects producing concept designs, in game assets, icons, and carried out correction work on existing game assets. I also lead a team of illustrators to produce technical turn arounds and style sheets for characters and matte paintings for an animation. I helped with studio pitches by creating simple sketches, storyboards, and highly polished game mock ups.
Company: Game Odyssey
December 2010 - April 2014
2D Artist and Designer
Working on numerous projects at a time, fulfilling all manner of production design needs from preproduction to final delivery. This Includes wireframing for UI, designing the look and prototyping designs, conceptual design for game assets, creation of final assets and user interface work, and then delivering them for mobile, tablet and web.
Noteable Project: Preliminary design work and game bible for the game, Space Pioneer.
May 2010 - April 2014
Freelance Illustrator and Graphic Designer
Work carried out for multiple clients with a mix of digital and printed media that included numerous album covers and sleeve art designs, logos and icons, t-shirts, business cards, acrylic paintings and, also, bespoke illustrations for independent film projects.
I'm a UI & UX designer, and games artist, with over 9 years experience working in the games industry.
Work samples shown upon request. Please contact me for info.
- Able to create design solutions that are inkeeping with brand guidelines, and creative enough to push them.
- Trained Mental Health First Aider and mental health advocate.
- Good knowledge of the history of gaming, up to date with the current market trends & life long gamer. Who isnʼt right?
- Passionate about learning, always looking to improve, with interests in everything that make up the world and beyond.
- At home in the Adobe programs of Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate (Flash).
- Other Software I use: Procreate for concept sketching, Invision for prototypes, Sketchup for concept work and for fun.
- I love Dungeons and Dragons. Am a player and Dungeon Master. Want me to run a game for you?
- I paint minis.